Get the most out of your school fundraising efforts for Parkinson’s QLD
Here are some quick tips and ideas that might be useful, and a schools activity program for the classroom.
- Wear purple for Parkinson’s. Prior to the day send out regular reminders to wear purple that day and make a donation. Then make several trips around the school to collect funds so you don’t miss anyone.
- Extra donations. Put donation boxes in prominent positions, such as at the tuckshop, to collect change.
- Team up with an existing event. Organise your fundraising activities to take advantage of an event that is already happening, such as a school assembly, play or concert.
- Decorate the school purple. Turn your school ‘purple’ for the day.
- Compete to raise funds. Have competitions between classes or year levels. Maybe your school could provide a reward?
- Get creative. There are plenty of other ways to get students at your school excited about Wear Purple for Parkinson’s day. If you think of something new and different, we’d love to hear about it through our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/ParkinsonsQLD